Thursday, September 23, 2010

Boots & Boys

A few weeks ago I hit up The Rack with my sister after cross-country practice, running clothes and all. My mission was to help her and not get anything for myself, which I was doing really well at 'till I found this pair of thigh high boots. They looked pretty ridiculous with my Nike dri-fit shorts and muddy t-shirt, but I figured I could work with them.

When I got home, I googled "how to wear thigh-high boots." Julia Roberts pretty much set the standard for them in 1991, and I wanted to be sure I didn't go down that path. This is what I found:



Thanks, Google. That is a great idea; I will walk around in my undies and my thigh-highs. People will definitely not think I'm a hooker.

Left to my own devices once again, this is what I came up with (for myself, obviously. Maybe you could rock sequined undies and a blazer to work): don't do slutty with thigh-high boots. Don't do skirts because the proportions will make you look too choppy.

This is what I did like:












Ultra lady-like (silk embellished top) and rugged masculine ("Attila the Hun" vest)both make big enough statements to not be outdone (dominated) by my dominatrix boots.

Take that, Google images!

Silk top: $23, Forever 21
Splatter T: $55 (185), James Perse, Nordstrom
Vest: Forever 21
Leggings: $32, American Apparel (fit for super heros everywhere)
Boots: $60 (130), Report, The Rack

No comments:

Post a Comment