Friday, December 3, 2010

Hammer Time

Harem pants, sometimes called Hammer (which came first, the harem or MC Hammer?) pants are easy to dress up and are essentially a chic lounge (re:sweat) pant.

Super comfy, this pair was given to me for promotional purposes- would I have bought them otherwise? No. Well, not from Nordy's; I would have waited for them to go to The Rack. Duh. 100 bones is too much to pay for a trend.

They're surprisingly versatile as well; I wore them through summer with sandals and heels, but they also look good with ankle boots.

I like pairing them with boxy tees to exaggerate the baggy look.

Unfortunately, they're not especially flattering; if you wear them low around your hips, your legs look short and you look like you have a saggy crotch; if you wear them higher up, cinched in around your waist, you get "diaper butt."

My way of dealing with this is to point out my diaper butt to anyone I talk to before they can get a word in.

Probably not the best strategy.



T-shirt: $55 (185), Nordstrom, James Perse
Pants: $110, Nordstrom, Patterson J. Kincaid
Headband: $10 (30), Free People
Heels: ($80 (150), Nordstrom Rack, Sam Edelman

"Fresh new kicks and pants, you got it like that now you know you wanna dance." My sentiments exactly, Mr. Hammer:

No comments:

Post a Comment