Monday, January 4, 2010

nye dress



I found this dress at Bebe and bought it (well, this and a few other things) for my birthday at the end of October. I'm a club member at Bebe (if you plan on shopping here more than once in a year, I would recommend joining; you get all kinds of discounts, $10 for every $100 you spend, and there are no annoying emails. And it's free!) and got a courtesy call letting me know that everything in the store would be 25% off this particular weekend, so I hightailed my hynie to Pacific Place and paid $100, even though I knew it would eventually go on sale. I knew this because EVERYTHING I buy goes on sale, and since I can usually wait things out, I never pay full price. (This dress is on sale as I type this for $69. But I needed it BEFORE New Year's, not after. Obv.)

For a more sophisticated (but just as sexy) look, I'd pair the pumps with a black pair of opaque thigh-highs, and push my hair back completely with a wide, plain black headband, bringing all attention to the detail at the bust. Because the top is so strappy, I would stay away from any kind of strappy stilettos and stay with close-toed pumps. For this same reason, I would avoid accessorizing; bracelets and necklaces would only detract and make for a less polished look. If you really want to add something extra, try a few black rings or black or pale pink nail polish.

I wore this with a faux fur bolero from F21 ($30) and a no-brand, bone colored clutch that I've had forever. Fur is a quick way to make any outfit more glamorous, whether it's distressed denim or a gown, and it's so warm! Express has a great sale going on right now on all their faux fur (which has bright pink satin lining!); vintage stores are great as well, if you don't mind real fur.

Suede Pumps: $45, Shiek
Floppy bow Headband: $4, Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment