Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"you've just got a blanket wherever you go, don't you?"


When the blanket in question is a poncho that was 40% (or something just as impressive; I'm an English major, not a math major!) off from Anthropologie, I can take a little chiding.

This is definitely one of my favorite pieces; it's ridiculous and unique and absolutely mesmerizing...not unlike myself ;)

The best thing about ponchos is that they're so versatile: you can wear them with leggings or dressy jeans, moccasins or gladiator sandals, tribal rings on every finger or no ice at all. They look great over t-shirts during the day, or a shimmery bandeau top for the cocktail hours.

Or a little nightie, if you're like me and would rather not wear pants at all. They just look effortless no matter what.

I'm wearing a lace-trimmed nightgown that I wear as a dress, and over that I've layered my Splendid thermal cardigan, just for some extra warmth and drapery.

I also love how the lace peeks out -especially in the back- adding just a little flirtiness.

Always on the lookout for new ponchos and wraps, I know a really great one is hard to find; the only other one I own is from Ecuador- not exactly helpful. If you're the crafty type, I don't see why buying a rad blanket from a thrift store and cutting a hole in the center wouldn't work; isn't that what ponchos essentially are?

Poncho: $120 (370), Anthro
Nightie: $10, F21
Boots: $13, Buffalo Exchange

2 comments: